Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services (KAMS) delivers high quality primary & renal health care and organisational support for member services across the Kimberley.
KAMS strives to continually meet and exceed client expectations through commitment to the following Strategic Goals:
- Support our member services to be strong, independent and effective Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations.
- Provide quality preventative and primary healthcare and renal services to communities we service.
- Provide leadership and advocacy on Kimberley Aboriginal Health Issues.
- Ensure our organisation is effective, accountable and sustainable.
- Build a skilled and sustainable Kimberley Aboriginal health workforce.
To ensure we meet our strategic goals, we operate and maintain a quality management system (QMS) compliant with AS/NZS International Standards Organisation 9001 and consistently aim to improve it using continuous quality improvement principles.
All KAMS staff are required to be aware of and comply with the requirements of the QMS and contribute to the reporting of issues or opportunities for improvement.
The following Quality Objectives have been selected as specific goals for our quality management system. The Quality Objectives operationalise our commitment to the Quality Policy.
- Each site has KAMS feedback processes visible in patient areas.
- The number of overdue tasks on LogiQC is below 50%.
- All new staff will complete a Quality Induction within 4 weeks of their start date.
- LogiQC trainings are provided at each site a minimum of twice per year.
The Quality Objectives are reviewed annually by the Executive Management Team at the QMS Review Day.