TimeBroome Lotteries House, Lot 642 Cable Beach Road, Broome
Complex Trauma & Addictions – Broome
During this session we will discuss the work of Dr Gabor Mate, he is an innovator in the field who widens the lens of addictions to include substance and behavioural addictions. Dr Gabor locates the source of addictions in the trauma of an emotionally empty childhood.
At the completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- * Define complex trauma & its effects on people throughout the lifespan.
- * Discuss the link between complex trauma & addictions.
- * Explain the reward circuitry of the brain in relation to addiction.
- * Describe Dr Gabor Maté’s approach to addictions.
- * Apply some ‘Trauma-Informed’ therapeutic methods, such as those recommended by Dr Peter Levine.
Download course flyer here West Kimberley 2021 Course flyer.
For further information on the course, please email Karen Hulls on E: firstname.lastname@example.org or call on M: 0400 510 441.
To book and register for this training click here.
Training delivered by the Complex Trauma Training WA.