Our vision is to:
Improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people in the Kimberley
We will achieve this vision by:
- Supporting our member services to be strong, independent and effective ACCHO’s
- Ensuring we provide quality preventative and primary healthcare services to communities we service
- Providing leadership and advocacy on Kimberley Aboriginal health issues
- Ensuring we are an effective, accountable and sustainable organisation
- Building a skilled and sustainable Kimberley Aboriginal health workforce
Our mission is to ensure:
We are managed and controlled by Kimberley Aboriginal people, are locally and nationally recognised as an effective advocate for the Kimberley Aboriginal health sector and provide and support the provision of effective holistic and culturally appropriate primary health care services for Kimberley Aboriginal people.
We define Aboriginal Health as:
Not just the physical wellbeing of an individual, but the social, emotional and cultural wellbeing of the whole community in which each individual is able to achieve their full potential as a human being, thereby bringing about the total wellbeing of their community. It is a whole of life view and includes the cyclical concept of life-death-life.