Privacy Statement to Stakeholders
It is necessary for KAMS to collect and use personal information about you primarily to supply you with the services you require from the organisation. The types of information KAMS collects and holds includes (but is not limited to) personal and health information about clients of our services, and personal information about our employees, students, suppliers and contractors.
KAMS also collects and uses personal information for related purposes including:
- Providing health care and related services
- Delivering training
- Organisational management, governance and administration
- Employment of staff including recruitment and employment
- To provide you with information about relevant services
- Clinical audit and quality improvement
- Stakeholder comments, participation in services, research and evaluation, education, programs, public enquiries, feedback.
We will where practicable:
- Only collect personal information from you with your prior knowledge and consent;
- Only use personal information for the purposes for which it was collected;
- Not disclose your personal information to a third party unless your prior consent is obtained;
- Ensure that your personal information will not be disclosed to other state institutions or authorities except if required by law or other regulation;
- Notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner when eligible data breaches occur; and
- Remove personal information from our system when it is no longer required.
You may request access to your personal information and KAMS will grant access provided such access does not infringe upon the privacy of other individuals. If there are reasons for refusing access to such information, KAMS will provide a written explanation. You may also request that information about you be corrected if you think that it is not accurate.
If you wish to seek access to your personal information or inquire about the handling of your personal information, please contact the Corporate Services Manager by email at email@example.com.
KAMS maintains secure information storage systems and procedures for the management of both physical and electronic information in order to protect information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.