TimeDerby Venue TBC
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Training – Derby
As part of the Mental Health Commission’s new Preventing FASD Project, the Valuable Conversations training is a two-day event planned for state-wide delivery in 2021 and 2022.
Valuable conversations: applying TICP and MI to alcohol use during pregnancy
The training covers the following topics:
- * Reflective Practice to identify areas of practice that require development for improved client engagement and outcomes.
- * Trauma Informed Care and Practice (TICP) to consider the broader context in which alcohol use may be occurring.
- * Motivational Interviewing (MI) to develop: Compassion, Acceptance, Partnership and Evocation (Spirit of MI).
- * FASD prevention in the context of the National Strategic Action Plan and a holistic prevention framework.
- * Brief Interventions (BI) to combine course content with skills practice using the AUDIT-C and the ‘Five As’.
Training dates and locations for Semester 1, 2021
• Kununurra: 25 – 26 May
• Broome: 21 – 22 June
• Derby: 24 – 25 June
Please direct any queries about training to Dionne Aitken on E: Dionne.Aitken@mhc.wa.gov.au.
Download combined course flyer and registration form here FASD Valuable Conversations flyer and registration form.
For further information on Training and Events on offer by Mental Health Commission, access webiste here.
Training delivered by The Prevention Services Division at the Mental Health Commission.