Health Informatics is a multidisciplinary field that uses health information technology to improve care via a combination of higher quality and higher efficiency in service provision which leads to new opportunities. It deals with the resources, devices and methods required to optimise the acquisition, storage, retrieval and use of information in health and biomedicine. In KAMS Health Informatics is applied in the areas of clinical care, nursing, pharmacy, public health, medical research and dentistry.
The KAMS Health Informatics team is responsible for:
- Delivering regional training in the use of the electronic patient record system;
- Delivering administrator training to better manage the system;
- Providing regional helpdesk support;
- Managing projects to scope and build improvements to the electronic patient record system;
- Regular data cleansing and system administration support and training;
Preparing regional health reports to contribute to improved health practice and outcomes, policy and protocols.
The team is based at 12 Napier Terrace Broome and can be contacted on 08) 9194 3296. To log a job with the helpdesk, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back Row L to R: Lucy Falcocchio (Health Informatics Manager); Leanne Piening (Health Informatics Officer); Tam Russell (Senior Health Informatics Support Officer)
Front Row L to R: Mark Holtom (Health Informatics Support Officer); Kris Hamaguchi (Health Informatics Administration Support Officer)