TimeKimberley Grande, 20 Victoria Hwy, Kununurra
Elephant in the Room! – Kununurra
Elephant in the Room! This training program is designed for professionals working in community services, health & education who provide services to children, youth, adults & families who have experienced trauma. The ‘8 principles of trauma-informed practice’ will be discussed and practical strategies to implement these in various contexts will be explored.
Learning outcomes for this course:
- * Define complex trauma.
- * Discuss the immediate and long term impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s).
- * Identify the impact of trauma on: brain development, attachment and memory.
- * Define Trauma-Informed care.
- * Discuss 8 Principles of trauma-informed care.
- * Apply an understanding of trauma-informed care to create safe environments and build strong relationships with children, youth, adults and families you work with.
- * Apply an understanding of trauma-informed care to support workers, including self-care strategies to manage secondary traumatic stress (vicarious trauma).
- * Identify resources & further professional development to implement trauma-informed practices in your workplace.
Price includes: Learner workbook, PowerPoint slides, handouts and additional reading. Tea, coffee, biscuits and a light sandwich and fruit lunch will be provided. Please email us if you have special dietary requirements.
Download course flyer here East Kimberley 2021 courses flyer.
For further information on the course, please email Karen Hulls on E: firstname.lastname@example.org or call on M: 0400 510 441.
To book and register for this training click here.
Training delivered by the Complex Trauma Training WA.